Type Here to Get Search Results !

Deepak Kapra from India selected as referee for gymnastics at Olympics ...!


Deepak Capra (33) from India has been selected as the referee for the gymnastics sport at the Tokyo Olympics. He was the first Indian to receive such pride.

 He will officiate in the men's artistic gymnastics category at the Tokyo Olympics from the 23rd.

 Deepak hails from Maharashtra and started playing gymnastics at the age of 12. He was in Surat, Gujarat at the time and did not have adequate training facilities. However, he tried and participated in the 2007 national level game in Assam. He was the Gujarat State Champion from 2005 to 2009.

 Commenting on his career later becoming a gymnastics referee, Deepak Capra said, “The basics for me were not very strong as I started playing at a very late age so I realized that I would not have a better future as a gymnast.

 But because of my interest in the game, I started acting as a referee. I started training to be a referee by following the example of my coach Kalashik Bediwala who was also a referee. I completed a related course in 2019 and excelled in it.

 My first international arena as a coach was the 2010 Commonwealth Games in India. Following that I was the first Indian referee to officiate at the 2014 Asian Games and the Youth Olympics. Having officiated in 20 major events, including the World Cup, the Olympics were the only one left out.

 It was at this point that he was invited to officiate at the Tokyo Olympics. But I was afraid that my chance would be wasted when the Olympics were postponed due to the Corona environment. But now I am happy to be part of the competition. ' It is noteworthy that Deepak Capra was appointed in 2018 as a member of the Technical Committee of the Asian Gymnastics Association.

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.